diaryofaworkshyfop

Work? What is it good for?

Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Things are gonna change. I can feel it.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Short delay...

I now expect to hand in my notice at the end of the month. 8 years is a long time. I didn't realise how long it would take to do an even cursory disentanglement! I wanted to grab a few old emails - save them for posterity. Most of this stuff is in an 800Mb archive, so it might take some time. Especially as I've only got as far as mid 2000 ...

Old emails are a kind of accidental diary. You can look back at them and learn far more than memory will allow. I'm not sure that is a good thing! It might be cleaner - and certainly simpler, to delete the archive and merely export my contacts, after all, I'd never know what I missed. Though I might use the same argument for my attempt to save some of it!

Anyway, an extra week won't make much difference, it's not as though I have any definite plans for my impending free time!

And it allow me to hunt for those expense receipts that I KNOW are hanging around here somewhere. Best to get that claim in BEFORE I resign!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home