diaryofaworkshyfop

Work? What is it good for?

Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Things are gonna change. I can feel it.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Momentous!

Well that's that. I handed in my notice today, and I've got two weeks on the treadmill left. The rest of the month's notice period is already booked as holiday, so my last working day will be the 13th. Always was my lucky number...

So I'd better start thinking about what I'm going to be doing when I'm not going to be doing anything! I've just purchased a second hand games console on Ebay, so that might come rather handy. Probably too late to get into the latest series of big brother, alas, alak. (Not)

My feelings are kind of mixed. Writing the resignation note, I kind of had to give a reason. And I was prepared to be humble over it, as I can't say my last role in the company has gone smoothly. So I'm glad to be moving on, but I'm not ecstatic about leaving things in the state they are, and there is always that nagging, sensible voice telling me I must be crazy. (Or is that Gnarls Barkley?)

But everything I've done and seen and thought about recently has confirmed that time is ripe for a break. What I can't know is how that will turn out, and how long it will last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home