diaryofaworkshyfop

Work? What is it good for?

Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Things are gonna change. I can feel it.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Fuzzy Logic

Well, my resignation is now common knowledge within the company. Not a lot of response to it so far, but the common question is "Why?" (Followed or proceeded in short order by "Where are you going?")

The "why" is tricky, not least because I'm contractually obliged not to say anything specific, so I've resorted - where I have the time and patience, to suggesting "Fuzzy logic".

The idea is that there is no specific single reason I could give anyway. There are many reasons to stay, and many reasons to go. Over time, the strength of these reasons change, and now they are in the "leave" state. If I had to explain those reasons, things will get complicated, but I'm sure I can come up with a few to satisfy the conversationally curious.

Which is fine, except that because they have been in the fuzzy leave state for a while, I have got myself into a absolutely definitely must leave state. Well it makes the decision to leave less traumatic, and may have some other positive side effects, so I'm certainly not complaining.

As for attempts to salvage some personal records from the leaving, I've not been very successful and time is running out. Too much like hard work. So I may have to be drastic. But that's probably for the best! What I'll do with these old emails, who knows, but I have always liked the idea of an "accidental diary".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home